Parkview Church continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff will utilize this page to provide updates as required to our church family. Questions? Contact the church office at 662.746.4298.
Update: June 4, 2020
As we prepare to be “Together Again” in worship on Sunday, June 21 at 9:30 am on The Ridge and on Sunday, June 28 at 10:45 am in the sanctuary, the following Return to Worship Plan has been developed for our church. The Return to Worship Committee met on May 26, 2020 to develop this plan and it was later approved by Parkview’s Advisory Council to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission upon return to in-person services and events.
- It is proposed that Parkview resume in- person, in-sanctuary worship services on Sunday, June 28, 2020.
- We will have one service in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 10:45 am.
- There will be no in-person Sunday school classes offered at this time.
- There will be no nursery services offered at this time.
- It is recommended—but not mandated—that high risk individuals continue to participate in worship by live-stream and not in-person. This includes anyone age 65 and older, people with disabilities, people with heart or lung conditions, people with diabetes or kidney disease, and people who are immunocompromised.
- We respectfully request that anyone not feeling well, running a temperature, or having been exposed to COVID-19 please stay at home and view the live stream.
- The only parts of the facility that will be open for use are the foyer, sanctuary, front entrance restrooms, and balcony. The remainder of the building will be closed-off.
- The north entrance doors to the main foyer will be the only doors used for entrance and exit. All other doors will be locked.
- Younger worshippers are encouraged to park in the rear of the building to allow older worshippers to park near the front entrance.
- Signs will be posted in the foyer and on the front doors reminding everyone of the need to social distance, wash hands, wear masks, etc.
- The sanctuary and balcony pews will be roped off to accommodate 6-foot distancing between family units.
- Ushers/Greeters will be available to direct families into the sanctuary/balcony and to facilitate seating.
- It is recommended that there be no congregating inside the building at any time.
- It is highly recommended—but not mandated—that everyone wear a facial covering; masks will be made available at the front doors.
- Hand sanitizer will also be made available at the entrance and outside the bathrooms.
- The church building will be deep cleaned and sanitized prior to any service or event.
- These guidelines apply to all events held at Parkview, including weddings and funerals.
- In addition, an outdoor worship service, Praise On The Ridge, was approved for Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 9:30 using the amphitheater and pavilion on “The Ridge”.
- The same precautions approved for in-sanctuary, in-person worship are to be observed in the Praise On The Ridge service.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Update: April 4, 2020
Parkview’s Holy Week services will all be streamed live via our website and Facebook. Join us Sunday, April 5 for Palm Sunday at 10:45 am. We’ll enjoy communion virtually! Get your crackers and juice ready in your homes. On Friday, April 10 we’ll celebrate Good Friday online at 6:00 pm with Rector George Woodliff and his congregation and on Sunday, April 12 we’ll worship together online for Easter Sunday at 10:45 am.
In addition, Parkview Church is partnering with the Yazoo City Ministerial Association in launching Operation Encouragement. This is a multi-church effort to provide encouragement to our health care workers and first responders at Baptist Medical Center Yazoo. The program includes snacks, drinks, notes of encouragement and prayers being provided weekly by sponsoring churches! To learn more about this program check out the Operation Encouragement page on our website at parkviewchurchyc.com/oe.
Update: April 3, 2020
In compliance with our local Mayor and Sheriff, Parkview Church will continue live streaming services with 5 or fewer persons onsite and social distancing observed. Join us online at www.parkviewchurchyc.com/watch-live or on Facebook. Sundays at 10:45 am and Wednesdays at 6:15 with a special Good Friday service on April 10th at 6:00 pm.
Update: March 23, 2020
Parkview is now streaming all services via our website and Facebook page. Sunday mornings we’ll worship virtually at 10:45 am and on Wednesday nights we’ll have a Ministry Update services at 6:15 pm. We are aware that some of you are having issues with broadcast interruption and volume and are working diligently behind the scenes to address and resolve these issues. More to come on this soon!
Update: March 19, 2020
Parkview Church is collecting “Items For Our Senior Adults” today from 9-5, Friday from 9-7 and Saturday from 10-2 at the church. Please leave items outside! Items will be delivered on Sunday. Call Linda at 662.746.4298 if you’d like to help deliver bags! Items needed are: bread, peanut butter, nutrigrain bars, trail mix, canned soup & veggies, crackers, chips, nabs, nuts, water and hand soap. Questions? Call Madeline at 662.571.8107.
Update: March 18, 2020
Click here to check out this 2nd video update from Parkview Church provided on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Update: March 17, 2020
Click here to check out this video update from Brother Ken.
Update: March 15, 2020
In view of Governor Reeves request yesterday, all activities (services, Sunday School and meetings) at Parkview today are cancelled.President Trump declared today a NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER today and Parkview encourages everyone to please spend time in prayer today for our country. More information is to come on Tuesday.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14
Update: March 13, 2020
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer.
- No handshakes. No hugs.
- Cough/sneeze into sleeve.
- IF FEELING POORLY, STAY HOME.